Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Laughed, We Cried, We Sang

I am full of so much emotion right now...okay, and some margarita too.

Tonight I joined a fabulous group of women for a virgin's night of watching Mama Mia. It seems, as we were all Facebooking this week, that we realized that there were 5 of us who had not seen it...yes, yes, I know, how could that be? I have no excuse. What can I say? Abba being one of my all time love them like I can't believe it groups and yes, I had still not seen Mama Mia.

So I packed up my little plate of brie and grapes (my contribution) and headed over to the party. My gals showed up with boas and margs!

I'm a longtime ABBA fan...HUGE fan in fact...so of course right off the bat the sound track had me going. Where on earth did Meryl Streep get that voice? AMAZING! She is adorable and so is little Amanda Seyfried who plays Sophie.

I completely enjoyed this movie...beginning to end. The singing, the dancing, the wonderful cast of characters...did I mention the margaritas?

Oh, did I also forget to mention that Colin Firth is in it? Oh my.

IT was a brilliantly cast, brilliantly silly little romp in Greece! I highly recommend seeing it with your best girlfriends.

Oh crud, speaking of best girl friends...I saw this with my mom friends (who I totally adore) but did not see this with my BFF's (ha ha). The relationships between the girls and the women in this movie reminded me of my other BFF's...you know who you are and you know what I mean and we have to see this together!

Oh I have to go to bed now. I am soooo sleepy.

5 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

Mama Mia, Margaritas and Boas! What a combination and what a great film!
Glad you had a good time Michelle with your girls!

XOXO,
CP

Michelle Hix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Hix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Hix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Hix said...

Have you seen it? I know you wold love it for sure. You have to watch it with Valentina!