Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Walkin The Dogs

Having three cats, my girls are dog deprived. When we go to Petsmart to get cat food, they have to play with every animal there. They know how much I hate pet stores but Petsmart isn't so bad. Their animals are from adoption agencies and not mass produced to live in tiny cages to be sold to mall looky-loos who don't know the slightest thing about taking care of a pet.

So last week we noticed they were having their regular dog adoption party. On Friday night little child was in tears because I made her put the dog back in its cage after 45 minutes of it sleeping on her lap. She has such a way with animals.

So we went back on Saturday. I told them that we could spend the whole day playing with all the dogs...that we'd let them all out of their cages and take them to the field to play. The adoption people are totally cool with it. The dogs need the attention.






3 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

You're such a great mom Michelle. My next door neighbor's children were looking after their grandma's cat for the summer, for some reason the cat loved being in my backyard. As for dogs, I am stone cold petrified of them.
XOXO,
CP

Michelle Hix said...

I used to have a small fear of dogs. But seeing how my kids are obsessed with them I can't help but get down on the ground with them and play. It has helped ease the fear quite a bit.

AngelConradie said...

thats so cool!