Thursday, November 20, 2008

Starting to Love Facebook

I forgive you Facebook.

You are becoming my close friend.

You have reunited me with people I never thought even thought about me. It is so wonderfully pleasing to come home after a hard day at work to find an email from you that says somebody wants to be my friend. And not just somebody...not just anybody...but somebody that I'm genuinely interested in connecting with again.

You see, in helping to plan my 20 year high school reunion, I found and connected with tons of people from my past. But that was me finding them. That was me tracking people down (more like hunting them down in many cases.)

But on Facebook, others are looking for me! People from old places of employment...people from other classes and other schools...people my age and people not so my age...moms and daughters of people I know...parents of kids my kids know...neighbors I never even knew used computers...even a guy that once cast me in his low budget movie found me...blog friends are on there...teachers I know...even my babysitter from when I was in kindergarten...throw in a few ex boyfriends and we've got a party folks!

I think my favorite part about it is that many of these people I would have never gone out of my way to send a formal email (email is formal?) to. It's just been way too long and conversation would be awkward. But on Facebook...you see them...they see you...and you just say hello...how are the kids...etc.

Yes, I'll admit it...I love Facebook. I fought it for way too long. I'm now officially addicted.

2 comments:

Michelle Hix said...

I guess it helps that I use my maiden name.

Anonymous said...

Yup! It's a great time suck, but I have reconnected with so many people from my past. I love it.