I wrap my love in pretty words for you
Delicate and amorous thoughts transfer to paper
From scribes within the depths of my soul
Each word handpicked like a flower from reverie
Tenderly placed upon your heart
Will you keep the flower alive?
Will you care for it and nurture it?
Consider my smile and playful nature
They mask deep feelings of sorrow
Deficiency in rapture manifests in taciturnity
Petals fall to the earth as I await your reply
Silence fills my ears and ruptures my heart
I ache with the pain my love has inflicted
My words rejected, evaded and neglected
Alone, unread, they wilt and weep
Will you fight for this as I have?
Will you run after me?
Will you rage against the dying or go gentle?
Will you travel to the ends of the earth for me?
In faithful pause awaiting echoes that don’t ring
Clinging to hope for words unspoken
See me...for I am nothing if your eyes look away
Unclothed of hard exterior, unveiled to you
My words and love are your moments
To covet, to hate, to share
I cannot love them for you
Though I try and it tears me apart
I cannot give another what I have given you
For just like every flower is unique
Every word is exclusively yours
Birthed from my soul and mirrored in yours
Let the moments carry you through your darkest days
May torrents of love spill from me and fill you
And should you find room in your heart for more
I pray that you trust I am an endless wellspring
©2008 Michelle Hix
6 comments:
With so many eloquent words (about words) I seem to have no words... Absolutely and incredibly deep and insightful into your very soul --
We would definitely be friends if we lived close :)
Everything newlywed central said.
XOXO,
CP
Do they know how you feel? Maybe you should tell them. They might not know. I would give anything to have someone say these things from their heart to me. Getting older makes you realize that its not about find the perfect person. It is more about finding someone who can love you deeply. And someone who loves you even if you aren't perfect. They love yopu for exactly who you are. It seems like you are.
Newlywed,
Thank you. It is kind of funny because I also think our husbands would get along great too (after reading about yours). I've become quite close to some of my blogging friends from all over the world. Some day, I really think we should meet in New York City! (or hey, I'm up for Paris also, ha ha).
Princess,
Thanks. :)
Anonymous,
This poem isn't really about anyone. I mean, it could have been about someone, at some point in time in my life, but it is not. It's just random stuff in my head. But thanks. I agree with you about finding someone who loves you...flaws and all. That person is out there, you just have to let them find you and then let them love you with everything they have. You owe it to yourself.
Post a Comment