Have I failed to mention that we’ve joined a new gym? Not just any gym…we’ve joined the new super gym that is only 7 minutes from my house…Lifetime Fitness. And it is not a gym, it’s another planet. We’ve been meaning to join for some time now…we watched the building go up and it just kept getting bigger and bigger.
We have the family membership. Which has already proven to be a blessing. While we drop our younger daughter off in the kids camp (equipped with Mac Computers, a full kid size basketball court, huge big screen televisions and a monstrous jungle gym) older daughter joins us for a complete workout. The cool thing being to her that her friends also have memberships so we can have the mother/daughter yoga workout and even the dads join in sometimes. We also see several of their teachers working out. This building is like the size of a mall. It has a restaurant, a full salon, several swimming pools, sauna, steam, etc….an outdoor water park...workout equipment enough so that I’m sure the entire population of Thornton could simultaneously be on a treadmill…basketball, volleyball, rock climbing that makes rock climbing gyms jealous, rooms full of every type of exercise equipment imaginable.
While in the past I would have described myself as more of a “get in, get a work out, get the heck out of there” type of person…that’s just not the case here. This is like being at a resort. There’s really no reason to ever leave this 24 hour world of working out, socializing, eating and playing. It is not just a workout. It's our entertainment!
One of the things I love best about this gym is that all the activities are included in our membership. Rock climbing…included. Kids club…included. Yoga…included. Kick boxing…included. You get the point. It gives you a chance to do a little of everything…which is what we’ve been doing…which is why I am TOTALLY EXHAUSTED AND IN PAIN!
By the way, there’s apparently nothing more entertaining to my children than watching me climb a 30 foot rock wall with a wedgie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you for that ending and making me laugh. (I needed a good laugh)
XOXO,
CP
Better than our rec center? I've seen the new fitness center and it's amazing; just can't justify driving that far. LOL
Jen, I know, it is a bit far for you with the rec center right there so close. I think it is convenient for people who work in town though because it is off the highway. I've never seen anything like it. We have so much fun there. No tarzan rope though!
Post a Comment