Max Karson, the crappy non-news journalist who writes for The Campus Press at The University of Colorado has done it again. Being out of the limelight for too many days, he knew he must stir up some controversy…I can almost hear him screaming “hey everybody, look at me, look at me.” What a frickin baby!
Yes, we bloggers love the first amendment…as do journalists. But hopefully, when we write, there is some intent behind what we say. That’s the one thing I can’t ever find in Max Karson…intent…something of value…worthy of my eyes and ears.
For those who haven’t followed the stories, Max Karson is an editor at The Campus Press who can’t seem to keep his mouth shut for five minutes. Hey, all fine and dandy if I gave a crap about what he has to say right?
I think this boy was picked on one too many times in grade school. Here are some of the damaging opinions and statements he makes about the Asian community at CU in a recent article that some dismiss as “satire”
"If It's The War The Asians Want, It's The War They'll Get."
"Now I know that Asians are not just 'a product of their environment' and their rudeness is not a 'cultural misunderstanding.' They hate us all. And I say it's time we started hating them back. That's right -- no more 'tolerance.' No more 'cultural sensitivity.' No more 'Mr. Pretend-I'm-Not-Racist.' It's time for war."
He then goes on to describe in detail, a plan for Asian Reformation that is anything but satire yet screams hate and prejudice.
Karson is the same student who had been arrested and suspended from school after allegedly making comments that sounded sympathetic to the Virginia Tech gunman last year. CU police Commander Brad Wiesley said Karson made comments about understanding how someone could kill 32 people during a class he was attending. Karson said he was "angry about all kinds of things, from the fluorescent light bulbs to the unpainted walls, and it made him angry enough to kill people," multiple witnesses told police, according to a police report. Another CU student told reported that Karson said, "Anybody who walks around here and says that they don't think about killing 32 people is lying."
Um NO….People don’t walk around thinking or needing to kill 32 people Max unless they have serious mental issues.
In summary, satire is just not Max’s genre. The sooner he realizes it, the sooner we can all get back to the real news…you know, The K-fed vs. Britney saga?
Yes, we bloggers love the first amendment…as do journalists. But hopefully, when we write, there is some intent behind what we say. That’s the one thing I can’t ever find in Max Karson…intent…something of value…worthy of my eyes and ears.
For those who haven’t followed the stories, Max Karson is an editor at The Campus Press who can’t seem to keep his mouth shut for five minutes. Hey, all fine and dandy if I gave a crap about what he has to say right?
I think this boy was picked on one too many times in grade school. Here are some of the damaging opinions and statements he makes about the Asian community at CU in a recent article that some dismiss as “satire”
"If It's The War The Asians Want, It's The War They'll Get."
"Now I know that Asians are not just 'a product of their environment' and their rudeness is not a 'cultural misunderstanding.' They hate us all. And I say it's time we started hating them back. That's right -- no more 'tolerance.' No more 'cultural sensitivity.' No more 'Mr. Pretend-I'm-Not-Racist.' It's time for war."
He then goes on to describe in detail, a plan for Asian Reformation that is anything but satire yet screams hate and prejudice.
Karson is the same student who had been arrested and suspended from school after allegedly making comments that sounded sympathetic to the Virginia Tech gunman last year. CU police Commander Brad Wiesley said Karson made comments about understanding how someone could kill 32 people during a class he was attending. Karson said he was "angry about all kinds of things, from the fluorescent light bulbs to the unpainted walls, and it made him angry enough to kill people," multiple witnesses told police, according to a police report. Another CU student told reported that Karson said, "Anybody who walks around here and says that they don't think about killing 32 people is lying."
Um NO….People don’t walk around thinking or needing to kill 32 people Max unless they have serious mental issues.
In summary, satire is just not Max’s genre. The sooner he realizes it, the sooner we can all get back to the real news…you know, The K-fed vs. Britney saga?
7 comments:
Free speech relates only to government censorship - not to people who write or say annoying and stupid things. He can say what he wants depending on whether he is writing( or working ) at a "government funded entity. In this situation, the school may or may not be able to limit his rights depending on what the paper charter says. Regardless, the best course of action if it is nto governmental agency, is to boycott or contact advertisers until he is fired (he has no "right" to free speech in private company unless it is hampered due to religion, race etc). The government can limit your speech in terms of place, time and manner but not content - For me, this guy is a loser who thrives on pissing people off. It is better to ignore him and make him insignificant than to get upset - besides, it is only words...
Southern Sage
Better yet, let's just make steroids readilly available and legal...could make baseball more fun to watch? ha ha
Mr. Finch
Isn't there some law that says if you are not funny you should shut the hell up? Okay maybe not.
Personally I don't want to censor the guy. I'm not even sure he should be removed from his job unless it were on grounds that he sucks as a writer and has no talent.
So basically, to quote Atticus...
"Bad language is a stage all children go through, and it dies with time when they learn they're not attracting attention with it."
If we all ignore him maybe he will go away?
You see, my problem lies with the fact that I have a little too much Scout in me...part of me wants to sock him in the nose!
K-Fed vs Britney- that should be the lead story every night on the news! (LOL)
I hate when people say mamn too.
XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess
honestly, when i was reading this and i read what karson wrote about asians it sounded so harsh that it can only be sarcasm and satire but you know what? that's just him hiding behind that doubt. like if i didnt know he was psychotic and thought about killing 32 people i would be those idiots that thought he was just using satire...sorry :(
Damama
I think the "just words" or "only words" comment was saying that we should not give Karson too much credit and we shouldn't validate his words because they don't mean anything... the old "sticks and stones" I guess.
The only time we should give validation to words is when they are used to heal.
I know what you are saying about the sticks and stone concept - I just wish that same concept was applied to/by everyone equally.
And you are SOOO right that only healing words should be given credence. Too bad that the hate mongers don't agree, too.
Post a Comment