Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Hello" Is Secret Code For "Sign Me Up" Apparently

So, has anyone else been getting like 5 phone calls a day from Moveon.org or the Denver Dems? Okay, I love ya and all but come on people...they keep calling me and all I have to do is say "hello" and somehow that gets me signed up to volunteer at offices across Colorado!!! Then they send me emails saying "you've signed up"...WHAT? But...but...but...I just said "hello". I didn't sign up for anything did I? How does this happen? It goes like this...

Ring ring ring

Me: hello

Them: hi, wanna volunteer?

Me: no

Them: we need you

Me: no, I can't

Them: Does Saturday work for you?

Me: no, I can't Saturday

Them: Does 2:00 or 4:00 work better?

Me: no

Them: Wow, thank you so much for helping us out

Me: no

Them: See you soon!

Me: crap

5 comments:

AngelConradie said...

mwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa... so are you going?!! LOLOLOL

Graham Ettridge said...

awwwwww Michelle!!!! Lesson number one, ALWAYS get somebody else to answer the phone. Better still, throw the phone out of the window. It really does sound like you are going to be rather busy between 2:00 and 4:00 on saturdays from now on... oops!

Big hugs ~ Graham xx

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about our local blood bank. If you donate once, they call the very next moment you are eligible. They call at work, home, etc. It's relentless. Remember, caller ID is a good thing!

Cocaine Princess said...

I went to a Travel Show a few years ago. All these tourism people were there. I get asked, 'fill out a ballot and you could win a trip to so and so.' Stupid me gives out my phone number. A few weeks later I get a phone call. It turned out to be a whole scam. It wasn't a free trip, even though they said it was. I registered to take part in a time sharing seminar. They were relentless with the phone calls that I had their no. blocked and mine changed just to be on the safe side.
XOXOXOXO,
CP

EatPlayLove said...

tricky tricky! oh those tactics, next time, say my mom isn't home! LOL!