Sunday, October 12, 2008

Poems For Graham...You Are A True Inspiration My Friend!

One of my most favorite ways to enjoy nature is through the eyes of my favorite photographer and friend, Graham Ettridge. Looking at his photos is more than eye candy. It is nature experienced through the eyes of someone who finds beauty in the early morning hours when others are asleep, during rains storms while most hide behind closed windows, in the history of his homeland, in the daily lives of people around him and especially in the nature that surrounds him. He is in awe of the universe and it shows in the way he lives his life and shares it with others. I am honored to call him friend.

Recently Graham posted some pictures on his blog that have inspired me to write some poetry. I chose the Japanese Haiku in the 5,7,5 syllable format for it’s natural flow and depiction of nature.

I have numbered the poems to go with the order of his photos on his blog. Please go over and look at his photos...you will understand what I mean when you see his photos.

#1
She sings good morning
Raising her voice through the trees
Songs for the forest

#3
Walking down a path
But her beauty holds me still
She begs me to stay

#4
Old, tired and barren
Genesis of the forest
Her children are near

#7
I lay at her feet
She’s the essence of my soul

I drink of her shade

6 comments:

Haylzc5 said...

Hi Michelle, yeh i have been to Cyprus, will post later on today...xxx

Graham Ettridge said...

Michelle... thank you so much for such sweet words. I am truly honoured to call you a dear friend too! You will never imagine how nice it is for me to read you haikus, and relate them to the journey that I took that morning. Your words capture so much of what I felt as I was wandering under the canopy of the trees. Your words are so beautiful. I love each of them, but the haiku to #7 really brings a tear to my eye, it is truly amazing.

Thank you so much, once again xx

Anonymous said...

though the pictures are very beautiful ... truly beautiful are your haiku ... I enjoyed them very much ... thank you

Shemley said...

Hixy, thanks for the kick up the backside, I promise you this week and it is dedicated to you.....

Cocaine Princess said...

You are a talent Michelle.

I love Graham's blog. His pictures and travels are uplifting and so inspiring.

XOXO,
CP

Sandy Kessler said...

I'm glad that you were inspired I loved it .. Sandy Kessler Did you get my postal card??