Monday, December 10, 2007

Hot Steamy Shower

I knew that would get your attention!

I’ve been vacationing in my own home lately. You see, once the little one got over the stomach flu, it worked its way over to the big kid and then did a number on my husband. For some reason, I seem to be immune to it. Since everyone has been sick but me, I’ve been keeping my distance and vacationing in the guest bedroom.

I never realized what it was like to be a guest in my home. Quite luxurious actually! For some reason, the guest bath has way better water pressure. The master bath is also larger than my kids’ bedrooms, it’s huge and so it never gets steamy. The guest bath is smaller and this morning as I was taking a hot shower, I let the room fill up with steam. Like I was at the spa. I exited the shower only after I had lathered up with all the fancy soaps and shampoos that I purchase for my guests. The guest bath is mildly decorated in a beach theme. Nothing too beachy. Just enough to remind you that you are on vacation. The tile is sandy colored with very pale blue walls and I cleverly hung up these 6 starfish that I bought from Pottery Barn.

The room was so steamy that I wondered if the freeze dried starfish might come alive. I couldn’t see the mirror of course so while I was blow drying my hair like Farrah, I dried the mirror, not realizing that I was also blowing my little sand and candle oasis that I created all over the bathroom. Then I had sand on my toes and it really felt like I was at the beach.

On the back of the bathroom door I have created a guest “stash”. Do you need a toothbrush? Deodorant? Toothpaste? How about a razor or lotion? No need to panic. It’s all right here. Complimentary. I picked some body butter, a new toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant from the stash. The deodorant was spray. I never use spray. But hey, it’s free. Oh wait, no its not! I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. When do you stop? I never know when to stop with the spray. Before long, I was in a foggy mist of steam and deodorant. Ahhh…I think I’ll go back tomorrow morning and see if I can order room service.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't forget to re-stock that guest bathroom I like having all those little extras that you keep stocked in that pocket holder on the door. And by the way,Good luck on the "Room Service" part, it never works for me when I am there! Mom

Michelle Hix said...

ooh, touche on the room service mom!

Amanda said...

So what are the rates at your house? Seriously, I don't think I've had anything that nice at any of the hotels I've stayed at. :-P