Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Insomniac Writer

When I can't sleep, I write. I wish that I could sleep when I can't write.

Didn’t know you were setting my soul on fire
But I was aware of the spark
Sometimes it was a just a glance
A fleeting look that brought me to a smile
But many times your gaze was longer
A considerate pause
You’d stare and wait for me to share in your moment
I wonder how many times I missed it
How many times had you rested there
Waiting for me
I am sad for those times
But I accept the good of moments I didn’t miss
The times I couldn’t turn away
Your eyes make me beautiful
The fire takes everything
To have nothing left but the radiance of the blazing fire in my soul
Is all I need to last me until the ashes


©2008 – Michelle Hix

7 comments:

Sweets said...

beautiful ;)

Kristen said...

You need to sleep less, seriously. That was awesome.

Elise said...

That was beautiful Michelle. Seriously, you have such a way with writing poetry. xx

Anonymous said...

Makes me tear up and have to get some "cotton" for my eyes

Michelle Hix said...

Thanks ladies!

Michelle Hix said...

Cottonmouth
I can't remember what you needed...small, medium or large cotton tube socks...or the jumbo pack from Costco?

Anonymous said...

You are very talented my daughter-in-law. I am very proud of you.

JackTheMan