Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Am Officially An Embarrassment To My Children

Being that I only work outside the home part time, my summer months are spent doing a lot of kid stuff. But I'm already sensing that no matter what I do, I have reached the age, or yet my children have reached the age, where I now look totally uncool to them. Just today alone I could give you many examples...

The Trampoline...while I do enjoy showing the kids my super mom jumps and air splits...I can't seem to jump longer than 10 minutes without having to pee...so not cool.

And then our Cartwheel Contest...yeah, younger daughter almost pees her pants because my underwear shows when I do a cartwheel...at least they were clean....can my 7 year old say that? Yeah, take that one little girl! Go home and cry to your momma...oh wait, that's me...anyway...

Playing Card Games...while my 7 year old usually beats me, this morning I actually kicked her butt at UNO...so while I was dancing around displaying a big L on my forehead with my fingers so that she would know that I am the Queen of UNO, my older daughter had to chime in with "you're not a very good sport mom". Oh whatever kids...don't hate the playa...hate the game right? But again...apparently not cool.

Then, this afternoon, I put the DVD player in the car on headphones only so I could rock out to my MOM music while the girls watched their movie and apparently I was singing too loud for them to hear their movie...so my oldest says "up yours mom"...and I'm like "what? up yours????" and I'm thinking "no, up yours" but I don't say that but then I made her clarify that what she really meant was for me to fade my music to the front and spare their ears in the back of my MOM music.

I might be uncool, but I did join in on their spit bubble blowing contest this morning...when's the last time you blew a spit bubble? Gum is so overrated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not to the "not cool" stage yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Right now we're still at the "moooooom.....plaaaayyyyyyyy with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" stage. Please. Please, just come and put me out of my misery. I'm begging here. ;)

EatPlayLove said...

oooh, can't wait to embarrass my children, isn't that the fun of parenting!

Sweets said...

my son told me the other day...

mom you are SO lame... *rolling eyes*

:)~