Sunday, June 22, 2008

Me Jane

Littlest child and I went to the Erie Rec Center for a swim today. This was our first visit. Thought we'd try something new. Very cool indeed. They had one of those Tarzan ropes so you could swing halfway across and above the water before letting go and landing in the middle of the pool. It was quiet compared to our other rec center so I was able to start a new book and actually read several chapters in peace while she played with some kids.

Older child gets home from camping today. I'm sure she had a blast! She's a nature lover and enjoys writing about nature in her journal. I think it was a really nice weekend for sleeping under the stars in Colorado...especially with the full moon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but did YOU swing on the rope swing at all? ; )

Graham Ettridge said...

Awwww, I can imagine you swinging on that rope. I bet it was a fun time! I'm glad it gave you time to catch up on a bit of reading. And sleeping under the starts in the Colorado desert - that is definitely on my list of "Things to do before I die".

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead ~ Graham :)

Michelle Hix said...

I am bringing my camera next time so you can see me swing from the rope!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I generally visit your site everyday along with a couple of other sites I like to stop by. Mainly I'm looking for news or funny stories about the kids. I wish you could just make a webpage where you wrote about all the things the kids do and say and somehow make it private or password protected or something so you could post pictures. It's like I'm keeping in touch without working at it.

Sandy Kessler said...

JANE a nature camp a special memory sandy

EatPlayLove said...

How fun.. Paul Derda has a really fun pool as well..