Friday, October 12, 2007

Old Friends & Daydreams

I just got an email from an old friend. This friend and I sporadically keep in touch. Once every couple of years we find each other and play catch up on life usually around my birthday because he always remembers to call or email. I know this friend will be in my life forever, even if years pass without hearing from him. He's one of those people that sort of owns a period of my life. He came into my life at a very impressionable and formative age, a time when I was lost, a time when I didn't know who I was. We shared many late night discussions about things that mattered to us both. We offered sincere honest advice with kindness. We sort of rescued each other during times of need, whether it was a broken down car on the side of the road or a shoulder to cry on. My awesome friend, I miss you so much! Thank you for the birthday email surprise!

Well, right now the girls are riding their motorcycles with Papa. I have been sitting on the front porch in a lawn chair reading A Prayer For Owen Meany. There are trees all around me of course, I'm sitting on a mountainside filled with trees. There is a slight breeze, just enough to give you goose bumps. But the sun is so warm. As the breeze dances through the trees, I close my eyes and its not much different than the sound of the ocean. I forget that I'm reading a couple of times and the warm sun makes me day dream of other things...

No comments: