Mom: Trust me; I’m just taking a short cut.
Younger Child: This doesn’t look like a short cut.
Mom: What does it look like?
Older Child: The wrong way.
Mom: Have a little faith girls, this is just the back way; I know where I am going.
Older Child: What did that sign say?
Mom: Well, it said that the road is closed unless you live down this road, then you can go this way. Sometimes you just have to take the road less traveled.
Older Child: Yeah, closed roads tend to be less traveled plus we don’t live down this road so the sign doesn't apply to us. (ahhh, what would I do without captain obvious?)
Younger Child: Are we almost there? Is this still the short way?
Mom: Really, it will be fine; I’ll just go around this barricade.
Older Child: Mom, you are going to get us arrested.
Mom: They don’t arrest kids. Don’t be so dramatic. (okay, she might get this from me)
Younger Child: Nobody else is going this way.
Older Child: They are going to put us in hand cuffs when they arrest us.
Mom: It’s just a detour. Relax, we are almost there.
Older Child: Oh, no mom, the road is turning to dirt. You have to turn around.
Mom: Just a little road work here, nothing we haven’t seen before, not exactly time to break out the four wheel drive.
Older Child: Mom no, turn around, please!
Mom: One more barricade to drive around and we are home free girls.
Younger Child: Wahoo…this is fun!
Older Child: Well mom, how does it feel? Do you think it really is a short cut when you take your children through a crime scene?
7 comments:
Lawsy, this is a conversation I can see happening in my van. What is it with kids? LOL!
Jen
I was thinking of you when I wrote this because I had a feeling that you've had this conversation before. The let's me get away with nothing!!!!
Crime scene? Haha, yeah over dramatic, I agree. I've been around my fair share of barricades before, including one where I actually did get cuffed, no jail tho, that was for a different reason.
AACK! MICHELLE!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? Please remember that you are teaching your children to drive every time you get behind the wheel with them in the car. Would you want THEM taking those chances, whether alone or with a car load of friends? Sorry, Michelle, I love ya to death, but, As Bill Engvall would say: Here's your sign!
No chances taken D! Nope, nada. Just a little fun.
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for popping by my blog, if you like email me and i will send you some Milky Buttons to try, trust me, you will end up asking me to ship them out by the box load!!
If you like, i can send the girls some as well?
YUMMMMY
teehee
out of the mouths of babes eh?
Post a Comment